I am excited to announce that, starting on April 15, from 10:30 am-11:30 am, in Room A-207 (next door to where we had our project meetings), we will launch what will essentially be a support program for the Daily Prayer Project called, Continuing Connection.
It will be:
- weekly (though at times subject to cancellation due to the DPP projects)
- only for those who have successfully completed the Daily Prayer Project
It’s purpose will be:
- to encourage one another toward continuing in our pursuit of the Secret Place and intimacy with Jesus.
- provide accountability and support, and
- to look in-depth (still informal) at passages of scripture that encourage intimacy with Jesus.
There are three reasons that it is time to do this.
- It is the perfect way to provide continuing support for those who go through DPP but continue to struggle with prayer.
- I need this!
- I want an ongoing connection with those who have already gone through the project and, of course, those who will go through it in the future. Remember when we started I said DPP was not just a program but the beginning of a community!
Continuing Connection will be a no-pressure, non-threatening place to get encouragement and inspiration! You don’t have to come every week to participate.
I hope you will prayerfully consider coming.
Greetings My Friends! I have missed you!
I hope all of you are doing well and still contending for the habit of daily prayer.
I would like to run an idea by you and beg for your reply…
I am considering a regular connection on Sunday morning with all of those who have gone through the Daily Prayer Project. It would not be an unplanned fellowship time nor would it be a class with curriculum per se. it’s purpose would be to facilitate an ongoing connection with the Daily Prayer Project family for the sake of spurring one another on to a deeper intimacy with Jesus. To qualify to attend that weekly meeting you have to have successfully completed the DPP.
SO, please get back to me and tell me what you think!
This year’s prayer week at Smithtown Gospel Tabernacle begins this Sunday, January 14 and runs all week. The focus of the week is “A Desperate Cry!”
I will be teaching on the subject “Living Life From The Secret Place” on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Then, on Friday, I will be teaching “Your Desperate Battle For The Secret Place.”
Here’s the schedule. Please check the times and join me! I will see you there!
“Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.” Habakkuk 1:5
Isn’t this what we want? We want Him to do something in our days. That’s what Habakkuk wanted, but he wanted God to follow his plan. Instead, God began to let Habakkuk in on what He wanted to do.
What is the key to answered prayer? Pray the heart of God. How can we do that? We must first know the heart of God. How? Answer this: How have you gotten to know the heart of your spouse, your children, your brother or sister? Your best friend? Through time spent with them. Real time; intimate time. It’s no different with God.
Ok Project veterans and prospective Project participants—it’s a new year, a new start, a new opportunity to pursue intimacy with Jesus! So, wake up those prayer bones, make a fresh commitment to the guidelines we have learned together, and let’s pursue the fragrance of intimacy with Jesus together!