What is it?
Typically, it is a five week program designed to help those who struggle to maintain a meaningful daily prayer time to establish a beachhead in the Secret Place.
What is the process?
There are a couple of foundational “lectures” based on the principles found in the book Contending for the Habit of Daily Prayer, and then a twenty-one day period begins in which you make every effort to:
- Pray every day
- In the same place
- At the same time
- Pursuing intimacy with Jesus first and foremost
Every seven days, in a group of people who also are in the project, you answer the questions:
- Did you pray every day last week?
- (If not, what hindered you?)
- When you did pray, was it in the same place?
- Was it at the same time?
- Did you pursue intimacy with Jesus first?
How will we do this online?
- Sign-up by letting me know through Facebook Messenger, email, or replying on the Facebook page that you are interested in participating.
- Go to https://thehabitofdailyprayer.com/dpp-powerpoints/
- Follow the instructions on that page including the reading (the text of the book can be accessed for free here: https://thehabitofdailyprayer.com/contending-for-the-habit-of-daily-prayer-manuscript/
- Access the DPP podcast here
What about the 21 day period?
For the 21 day accountability period we will either access a free conference call, Zoom, or perhaps create a text group. We’ll cross that bridge when we know who is participating.