Had a great reunion of sorts with some of the DPP family this morning! I really love this group of people. I’m proud of them and thankful for them.
I just felt that I should invite as many from the DPP family as possible to come this Sunday to talk about The Foundations of Our Pursuit of Intimacy With Jesus. Ten of them came and it was a joy!
We talked about
- putting our desire for intimacy with Jesus into words.
- the progression from praise to worship to intimacy.
- allowing ourselves legitimacy in prayer by thinking about ourselves as God thinks of us, which, if we are saved, is as righteous. God thinks of us as righteous.
- how our prayers for others will be more effectual when they flow from a place of intimacy with Jesus.
- how we have been conditioned to think of intimacy in terms of “doing” and how that doesn’t work in our human relationships and that it doesn’t work in our relationship with God.
Want to be part of the Daily Prayer Project family? Just call 631-265-2485.