I can’t wait for April 15! Not because I love paying taxes. But because that’s when the Daily Prayer Project: Continuing Connection begins!
I will be honest with you: I need this! I need the fellowship and the encouragement! I hope you feel that way too.
THIS IS IMPORTANT: We we’re planning to meet in Room A-207. NOT ANYMORE! We will be meeting in Room A-208—the same room we met in for the project.
I am excited about the launching of DPP:Continuing Connection (DPP:CC)! The truth is, I just feel the need to stay connected to all of you who have gone through the project.
I had hoped that we could stay connected through the Accountability Page on this website. I’m not giving up on that! I think meeting in person will help that along.
So what will be be doing at DPP:CC?
Other than the fellowship and encouragement of connecting together over our common desire to cultivate the Secret Place, I hope to explore with you some important places in Scripture that I continue to return to that encourage me in my pursuit of intimacy with God.
Most of you wouldn’t know this but I have some facility with the original language of the New Testament: Koine Greek. The passages I referred to are rich with meaning and I hope we can slowly but surely—informally but with focus—let these places in God’s Word fuel our desire for Him and bolster our faith!
Please prayerfully consider making Continuing Connection a part of your routine on:
Sunday mornings @ 10:30 in RM A-207
I am excited to announce that, starting on April 15, from 10:30 am-11:30 am, in Room A-207 (next door to where we had our project meetings), we will launch what will essentially be a support program for the Daily Prayer Project called, Continuing Connection.
It will be:
- weekly (though at times subject to cancellation due to the DPP projects)
- only for those who have successfully completed the Daily Prayer Project
It’s purpose will be:
- to encourage one another toward continuing in our pursuit of the Secret Place and intimacy with Jesus.
- provide accountability and support, and
- to look in-depth (still informal) at passages of scripture that encourage intimacy with Jesus.
There are three reasons that it is time to do this.
- It is the perfect way to provide continuing support for those who go through DPP but continue to struggle with prayer.
- I need this!
- I want an ongoing connection with those who have already gone through the project and, of course, those who will go through it in the future. Remember when we started I said DPP was not just a program but the beginning of a community!
Continuing Connection will be a no-pressure, non-threatening place to get encouragement and inspiration! You don’t have to come every week to participate.
I hope you will prayerfully consider coming.
Greetings My Friends! I have missed you!
I hope all of you are doing well and still contending for the habit of daily prayer.
I would like to run an idea by you and beg for your reply…
I am considering a regular connection on Sunday morning with all of those who have gone through the Daily Prayer Project. It would not be an unplanned fellowship time nor would it be a class with curriculum per se. it’s purpose would be to facilitate an ongoing connection with the Daily Prayer Project family for the sake of spurring one another on to a deeper intimacy with Jesus. To qualify to attend that weekly meeting you have to have successfully completed the DPP.
SO, please get back to me and tell me what you think!